FORM 6-K
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

 

Report of Foreign Private Issuer

 

Pursuant to Rule 13a-16 or 15d-16
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934

 

For the month of January, 2020

Commission File Number 001-15266

 

BANK OF CHILE
(Translation of registrant's name into English)

 

Ahumada 251
Santiago, Chile
 (Address of principal executive offices)

 

Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.

 

Form 20-F x Form 40-F ¨

 

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(1): ¨

 

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(7): ¨

 

Indicate by check mark whether by furnishing the information contained in this Form, the registrant is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

 

Yes ¨ No x

 

If "Yes" is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b): 82- ________

 

 

 

 

 

BANCO DE CHILE

REPORT ON FORM 6-K

 

Attached is an English translation of a letter filed by Banco de Chile with the Chilean Financial Market Commission and local Stock Exchanges, informing of the resolutions adopted by Banco de Chile’s Board of Directors in a meeting held on January 30th, 2020, whereby it was resolved to schedule an Ordinary Shareholders Meeting, to be held on March 26th, 2020, with the purpose of approving the distribution of dividends and the capitalization of 30% of the distributable net income obtained during the fiscal year ending on December 31, 2019.

 

 

 

Santiago, January 30th, 2020

 

Mr. Joaquín Cortez Huerta

President

Financial Market Commission

Present

 

Ref:  Essential Information
 
Mr.  President:

 

Pursuant to Articles 9 and 10 of Law No. 18,045 and Chapter 18-10 of the Regulation for Banks and Financial Institutions, I inform you as Essential Information, that in the Ordinary Meeting No. BCH 2,916 held on January 30, 2020, the Board of Directors of Banco de Chile resolved to call an Ordinary Shareholders Meeting to be held on March 26, 2020, with the purpose of proposing, among other matters, the following income distribution for the fiscal year ended on December 31, 2019:

 

a)Deduct and retain from the distributable net income obtained during the relevant fiscal year, an amount equal to the correction of the paid capital value and reserves according to the Consumer Price Index variation occurred between November 2018 and November 2019, for an amount of CLP92,239,840,420, which will be added to the account of retained earnings from previous fiscal years.

 

b)From the resulting balance, distribute, as dividend, a 70% of the remaining net income, corresponding a dividend of CLP3.47008338564 per each one of the 101,017,081,114 Bank shares, retaining the remaining 30% thereof.

 

Thus, a distribution of 59.1% of the income for the fiscal year ended on December 31, 2020, will be proposed as dividend.

 

Sincerely,

 

Eduardo Ebensperger Orrego

Chief Executive Officer

 

2

 

 

SIGNATURE

 

Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.

 

Date: January 30, 2020.

 

  Banco de Chile
   
   
  /s/ Eduardo Ebensperger Orrego
  By: Eduardo Ebensperger Orrego CEO